MSCA supports legislative interaction, providing the opportunity to participate in governmental affairs, including Business Day at the Capitol, Legislative committee meetings and production of the annual MSCA legislative piece.
To download past copies of the annual Positive Impact on Our Economy or Retail Property Tax Study, visit the Publications section of this site.
MSCA's 2017 Legislative Goals:
- Reduce the Commercial-Industrial General Levy Property Tax
- Transportation Funding
- Street Improvement Fees
- Estate Tax
- SAC/WAC Charges
- Federal Level: Support Marketplace Fairness
- Click here to download Minnesota's Legislative Update: House, Senate Roll Out Transportation Funding Packages - provided by Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Click here to download a free copy of MSCA's A Positve Impact on Our Economy Report - published January 2017
- Click here to download Minnesota's Legislative Update: 2017 Legislative Session Preview - provided by Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Click here to download Minnesota's Legislative Update: Budget Forecast - provided by Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Click here for the Minnesota State Legislature's District Finder
MSCA Legislative Tool Kit - click below to download a copy of example legislator communication.
- MSCA Member Communication
- MSCA Legislator Correspondence Template
- MSCA Legislative Pledge Form
- MSCA 2017 Legislative Session Talking Points
- Click here to download the educational guide Understanding Your Property Tax Changes - provided by Minnesota Center for Fiscal Excellence (MCFE)
- Click here to visit Minnesota Center for Fiscal Excellence (MCFE) blog on Why Local Aids Are Not A Magic Bullet for Controlling Property Taxes